The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi
It is a traditional lighthouse used for the approaching to the shore ships, so as to avoid rocks. Built in 1829, during the British Rule, like many of the traditional landmarks which characterize the island (see also Dervosetos Bridge), it is a work of J.P. Kennedy. It stands out as a circular Doric building, similar to which there is none in the whole island.
Like everything else in Argostoli, as in the whole of Kefalonia, it was destroyed during the earthquake of August 1953. It was reconstructed immediately after, unfortunately with only few other masterpieces of the pre-earthquake era. Works of renovation have recently taken place, in order to save the lighthouse from the extended corrosion caused by sea water.